20 Sep NYFW SS ’15 | A Moi | Directed by Dale Delaporte for Prema
Alejandro Alonso’s SS16 A MOI collection has an ethereal, lost in the woods feel influenced by the ‘essence of Mercury’. The designs were inspired by, “The Little Prince – freedom of imagination and childlike innocence” says, designer Alonso of the spring 2016 collection.
For the hair look, Prema honored the designs by keeping the texture gentle with a natural sheen.
The micro-braid in the back was the perfect addition to the look while keeping the hair softly contained while still disappearing into the soft bends of the mid-lengths.
HOW TO RECREATE THE LOOK
- Prepare clean hair with a light texturizing product to help hold shape and give a natural sheen.
- After creating a deep centre part, blow dry the hair keeping the natural volume and fall. Pay attention to keeping the ends polished.
- Using a large curling iron, create a gentle wave through the mid-lengths and ends. After adding movement, use a moisturizing product through the ends to help give piecey texture.
- For the micro-braid, separate two small sections from behind the ears and bring to the centre at the back.
- Take a third of each to create three strands and braid approx. 2” from the ends to secure in the centre. Tie off the base of the braid with fine clear nylon thread.
- Spray a light hairspray to maintain style.
www.premalove.com // @premahair